You may do not need to vary your diet drastically to lose weight since you can simply do it by changing a few habits to lose those extra kilos.
It is a natural defense mechanism of the organism to a stimulus and is necessary to survive. For example, all living beings in a situation of danger react with the escape or attack. Now if it continues to express the same feeling for a long time or without a stimulus or real situation that triggers, stress becomes chronic and can severely affect health of an individual. Its consequences are fatigue, loss of appetite, insomnia, nervousness, anxiety, backaches and weight gain.
How does stress affect your daily life and causes changes in body’s response to diet?
Stress can increase the segregation of certain substances such as cortisol whose impact on our metabolism is remarkable. Cortisol can increase insulin levels and this increases the appetite, so you eat more but unfortunately it is not healthy. The kind of food brain demands usually consist of primarily of carbohydrates which are rapidly absorbed such as sweets and starches. In addition, other neurotransmitters and brain regions are activated with related reward. Since the brain feels good when you eat, it orders for more and weight gain becomes inevitable.
Are You Ready Deal with Your Stress?
Dealing with the stress right on time in a proper and mindful manner is necessary to avoid gaining excess weight gain. Let’s see how you can handle your stress successfully.
- You must try to get enough sleep; the experts recommend a duration of seven to eight hours for a sound sleep.
- Monitor your breathing through alternate breathing (breathing alternately by the two nostrils) or abdominal breathing. It should be performed with a deep inspiration and expiration.
- Try to relax your mind and ward off negative thoughts. To make it possible, meditation is the best practice.
- Do not try to cover too many activities and focus on what you can do better.
- Performing regular exercise is extremely vital, so perform exercises along with relaxation therapies. You may visit a massage center for a relaxation therapy.
- Develop your social, cultural and family relationships.
- You should not neglect leisure time activities that are actually rewarding for you.
- Make eating a balanced diet your daily part. Some foods like carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables or infusions help combat the stress. Others, however, can raise your stress levels.
Remember that stress affects your dietary habits, so control your diet with a program like 3 Week Diet by Brian Flatt. You can have a look at 3 Week Diet Review before making your final decision.